Monday, August 25, 2003

Well, I got the oil changed in my car today. Finally. However, I couldn't take Kazak to Petsmart because they were all booked up. I'll have to take him to the veterinarian to get his nails clipped (that's really what he needs, more than a bath, by Saturday) on Wednesday or something...unless Petsmart's grooming section is open late. But we'll see...

Otherwise, not much interesting happened today. I did my weekly radio show in Jacksonville and that was that. Now, I'm waiting to hear from Luis, who wanted to grill out today for dinner. It's freakin' 6:30 though, and he didn't tell me if/when we were doing this, so I'm starving. I'm going to have to munch on something before he calls and before I go over there.

I wanted to call some apartments, but for whatever reason, I chickened out. I'm bad like that with the phone. I hate talking on the phone. Hate it with a passion. It makes me not such a good journalist. For whatever reason, I can think quickly in social situations face-to-face, but if it's on the phone, I just fall apart. I'm horrible. And because of that, I hate having to call people I don't know and ask them about things--be it a journalism interview or asking about an apartment or whatever.

But soon I will call the two places I want to call. Here's a really cool-looking place that I just HAD to share...boy, I hope they take dogs: WICKER PARK TWO bedroom. Hardwood floors, eat-in kitchen, large deck, free laundry, near el, yard for planting. $850. 9/1. That's awesome! And it's not far from the Kennedy Expy/Ohio Street interchange, which is pretty much perfectly centrally located. Which simply means (because of the "yard for planting") they won't take dogs. Because that would be too good to be true. Man, this could be top-notch! I could even wow them with my gardening experience and tell them I'll make everything look really nice, possibly upping the value of the property. :) I'm psyched, man. Then, without knowing where it is, I'm psyched about a lead Kim and Nick gave me. That's the same price...we'll have to see where it is though. :)

So, here I am, waiting for Luis to call. Jerk. :)