Saturday, August 23, 2003

Hey, cool.

I was out in the yard this morning (and it was actually the morning), talking to my neighbors, when I looked over at my flower garden. There in the sunlight, I saw this thing buzzing around one of my Maltese Cross flowers. At first I thought it was a locust (I had gotten up minutes before, pardon my stupidity), but then it started flying and I knew right away that it was a HUMMINGBIRD!

Probably few of you share in my enthusiasm, but you have to understand that I've never seen a hummingbird in my own garden or at my own bird feeders in my whole life. So this was exciting. The hummingbird went from the Maltese Cross to my Mexican Sunflowers and spent a good five minutes at those flowers, sipping away. It was so cool. I may put my packed-away hummingbird feeder out on Monday just because of this. Because if I can keep him/her coming back, it will be cool. :)

Otherwise, today is a busy day. I have a fantasy football draft at 4 o'clock down in Frankfort and I have some phone calls to make for work. But now, I'm going to get lunch.