Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Has anyone else out there heard this new song by a band called Shine Down? It's called "Fly From the Inside." It completely and totally blows me away every time I hear it. I love it. I love the music, the lyrics. I love the mood it puts me in and the "tone" of the chorus. It's such a rejoiceful (word?) song to me and I love it for that. I just love it. It rocks. It's so damn good. Did I mention how good it is? It's damn good. It sounds similar to, but very different from a lot of the "stuff" out there nowadays too, which is key. Here's the hook:

I am focused on what I am after
The key to the next open chapter.
'Cause I found a way
To steal the sun from the sky. (I love that line sooooo much...it's like, kiss my ass, I figured out the impossible, baby!)
Long live that day
That I decided to fly
From the inside.

It just kicks ass. And I'm not an idiot. :) In news, I went to Magee's on Webster for 10-cent wings with my cousin, his girlfriend and his roommate and his girlfriend. That was cool. I haven't been to Magee's in a while. I told them to ask their landlords if they had anywhere in the city I could live with my dog, so they're going to do a little asking around for me. But now I have to work...probably will stay up working for a while. Damn work. :)