Saturday, August 16, 2003

I wish I were back at Rock Island already, and I haven't even gotten going yet. Damn.

Already my mind is cluttered with every little concern I had when I left. It's amazing how it just all came flooding back. All the worries, deep thoughts, plans, strategies and concerns I had when I left, that I left here, have greeted me again. That sucks, because I was hoping that the week away would clear my mind and keep it clear. Instead, it just hit "pause" and now "play" has been pressed again.

My mind has been working overtime already, trying to figure out what to do today...and the next day and the next. The problem is, my motivation is still on Rock Island setting. I just got up, reluctantly, but really not knowing what I have to do, just knowing I have to do SOMEthing.

I have to work tomorrow, which likely will suck worse than normal, especially what with the blackout. I realized that I bet we didn't get any information or stories from any of our New York-based people, and that those things will be in late, ready to edit on Sunday. On top of that, Tuesday will start a week from hell, as we are behind on the prospects book we publish and we'll be putting out our preseason preview issue, the biggest issue of the year. So, I'll probably have to slave well into the evenings this week at work. I bet they try to tell me to come in on Monday too. Too bad for them, I have a dentist appointment.

Ah well...off to try to be productive.