Sunday, August 24, 2003

Here's part of the reason I hate working on Sundays: it forces me to wait to get things that need to be done out of the way. I have so much to take care of in my life right now, and instead I have to wait until tomorrow to do them. Plus, I'm sure it will be a late night of work today, so it's not like I'll be able to get up early in the morning and start taking care of things then.

I just hate having to wait and keep things on my mind in terms of things to do. When I want to do something, I want to do it right away to take advantage of the freshness of the thing in my mind. Otherwise, it grows stale as I wait or I develop expectations, setting myself up for disappointment. If that makes any sense to anyone. If not, well, I'm just rambling again. :)

It wasn't a big deal, so I didn't mention it here, but my dad went to the hospital on Friday morning because his right shoulder and neck were sore, and he was worried about a heart attack or something. The doctors found nothing wrong with his heart, which is not a surprise, because we folks in my family have very good hearts (figuratively and literally... ;) ), though most people don't ever get to see that. :) It's the cancer that gets us. They didn't know what was wrong. He stayed overnight just in case, and returned home yesterday. I haven't talked to him yet, though, because I was running around yesterday so much. I guess he's gonna go for some stress tests this week or something...who knows what it is. I'm sure it's nothing at all...probably he pulled a muscle or something.

Ah well...gotta write some things before going to work, so I should get movin' on them...probably I'll write some more later during the down time at work. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone! I won't. :)