Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Went to the local steakhouse that I talked about in the past for lunch. We were a bit worried that (1) it would be too expensive, which it wasn't, and (2) it would have a dress code, which would prevent a couple of us from even going in. Surprisingly, it was just fine. A nice looking place too. The service was fantastic and the food was good too. I got a great dish that was too much to eat. So now I have leftovers. And the chicken was juicy enough that it should reheat fine.

I also asked for an application while I was there. So I'll probably go through with applying for a job there--it seemed like a cool enough place to work, especially since it would simply be bonus money, really.

Yeah...now I need to call up some apartment places and I'll be in great shape. Or so I think. We'll see. I don't like the idea of moving in in less than a week, so I hope I can find something really good for Oct. 1. Unless the landlord(s) let me do a half-month thing starting in mid-September. That would be nice.

By the way, in an aside, from now on, I'm going to refer to my current place of residence as "The Brook." Just because it's cool and I can.