Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Wow yesterday was busy.

Originally I was going to hit Fanfest at McCormick Place at 9am, then go to the dentist at 11:45, then head to the ballpark. But I decided that wouldn't work. So I tried to call the dentist to see if I could push the time to an earlier appointment, to get me out of there earlier. No dice...they didn't open until who knows when. So I slept in and went to the dentist at 11:45. It was painless, until the numbness wore off. My teeth are sparkly clean now (though I can't tell the difference, really) and I have one filling done. Problem is, the cavity was on a wisdom tooth, so he had to tug and tug on my cheek to get to it. I guess he tugged too much. Today I have an unsightly injury over the right corner of my mouth...it looks like a huge scrape, like when you scrape your knee. But it's on my lip and cheek. It's pretty ugly, and I hope it goes away very soon.

I then rushed to McCormick Place for Fanfest, stayed there about 2 hours and did nothing, really, because I didn't have time. I took the El to my parents house after that to drop off the Limited Edition McFarlane Frank Thomas and Sammy Sosa figures, because I wasn't going to carry them around at the game, and I needed some Advil, because my mouth was in pain (because the numbness was gone). I did that, got back on the El and went to the Home Run Derby. That was cool to be at, but it was disappointing overall because of the contestants. Not a single true POWER hitter in the bunch. At least none along the lines of a Sammy Sosa or Barry Bonds. But, hey, I was happy to be there. Sadly, I did not get any more pictures with mascots, as I got there too late. I then went to Hawkeye's for 10-cent wings, though I couldn't have them because of my mouth injury...boy that would have hurt. :)

Today I was going to take a half day at work to get to the All-Star Game nice and early, but I woke up this morning and decided that I'd just take a full day off instead of messing with the commute for nothing. So here I am at home, relaxing and waiting to head into the city for the All-Star Game. Maybe I'll get there early enough to secure more mascot photos. Yesterday there were more mascots there (as they introduced them again), including Billy Brewer and the Philly Fanatic. So that's cool.