Sunday, July 13, 2003

I managed to stay home tonight. How about that? I could have gone to see "Matrix Reloaded" at the IMAX up in Lincolnshire with Donna and her friends, or I could have gone with my bro and our friend Butch to a bar called "Quigley's" that we used to go to before it closed and was renovated and turned into this "Quigley's" bar. Used to be the "famous" (around town, at least) "Reilly's Daughter." You may have heard of it. But I didn't do either of those things. And that's good, because I have no money to spend and three days of time ahead at U.S. Cellular Field at the All-Star Game. Plus, I have to pay the dentist $115 on Monday. And I don't get paid until Friday. So, I'll pretty much have to take most of the week off in terms of going out and spending tons of money on lunch and dinner and stuff like that. And still dip into my savings account, which I HATE doing, because my "saving" has kind of leveled off. Maybe going to the dentist wasn't all that great an idea just yet. We'll see. But I need to cut corners this week because my little brother's graduation party is Saturday, and I suppose I should probably get him some sort of gift. Guess it'll be small. But I did spend a decent amount for his birthday, so that should help cancel it out, shouldn't it?

Anyway, my point is, I'm truly worried about my finances this week. So much so that I might just wander over to the Home Depot or some restaurant or bar or something near work and see what's what there. If that happens, well, those of you on here who do see me somewhat often will see me even less. I know it sucks. It also sucks for my dog. But, I have no choice. This is ridiculous and I need to straighten it all out. Somehow.

At any rate, on a happy note, or at least one that's not so depressing. I spent the evening working on a CD for my little brother. A "Best of Soundgarden Unreleased" CD. He, like me, loves the Audioslave album, so I figured I'd give him a little background stuff, since he has no Soundgarden in his collection. So on this compilation, I put none of their hits, or even minor hits. Here's my track list (album in parentheses)...for those of you who know Soundgarden, see if you agree. Others, well, come back some other day. (I don't know if there are even any Soundgarden fans reading this.)

1. Rusty Cage (Badmotorfinger)
2. Let Me Drown (Superunknown)
3. Kyle Petty, Son of Richard (Fell on Black Days Import)
4. Ty Cobb (Down on the Upside)
5. 4th of July (Superunknown)
6. Loud Love (Louder Than Love)
7. Show Me (No Alternative compilation)
8. Flower (Ultramega OK)
9. She Likes Surprises (Alive in the Superunknown enhanced EP)
10. Limo Wreck (Superunknown)
11. Girl U Want (Fell on Black Days Import)
12. Fresh Tendrils (Superunknown)
13. All Your Lies (Ultramega OK)
14. Mailman (Superunknown)
15. Rhinosaur (Down on the Upside)
16. Superunknown (Superunknown)
17. Jesus Christ Pose (Badmotorfinger)
18. Right Turn (on Alice in Chains' "Sap" EP--performed by "Alice Mudgarden")

There you go. Whatever. :) Good night, eventually.