Saturday, July 12, 2003

It's been a good sports week, for teams I play on at least. As previously posted, my volleyball team actually played like a volleyball team, instead of a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off, and won all three matches on Wednesday. I was pleased. Yesterday, my 16-inch softball team, which is now 3-6, played a 6-1 team, and took them to extra innings before eventually losing 4-3. Our defense was fantastic...partially because our usual third-basewoman was missing and none of our other girls can really make the throw, so they put me there. Now, in 16-inch softball, 3B is my natural position. It's where I grew up playing, on the street corner and in our first league we were in when we were younger. And I still got it. After a rusty start (a mean one hopper that skipped above my head and off my hands), I was like a vacuum over there. My arm isn't too strong and I don't have the quickest release, but not one person beat out any of my throws. I was really proud of the fact that we held this team completely in check. It's a good sign.

Today should be a nice, relatively relaxing day before I have to work tomorrow and start with the All-Star festivities. It should be a lot of fun, but I have to be careful with my money, because I'm sure there will be plenty of things worth buying, and I really don't have the cash to do it, especially since I'm going to owe the dentist $115 on Monday when I go to get a cavity filled and my teeth cleaned (it's an installment plan--one cavity and a cleaning doesn't cost that--but the other cavities and the crown I need add up). I'm psyched about Fan Fest on Monday, because I hear my main man Ozzie Smith is going to be signing autographs on Monday. If so, I will stand there the entire time I'm there, if need be, to get it. :) So we'll see.

For now, I'm going to just hang out. :)