Sunday, July 06, 2003

I went to my cousins' house and was disappointed because I had to leave early. I stupidly did not pay attention and thought the get-together would be a small-scale thing. Sadly it was bigger than anticipated, and I had already agreed to go to the Taste with Donna later in the afternoon. Not that that was a bad thing, it's just that, had I known the get-together was a bigger deal, I wouldn't have agreed to go to the Taste. But, hey, all was good on both fronts, so that's cool. So, after some pool volleyball (after the first storm of the day passed just to the south of us) and general hanging out with my cousins, I drove to Berwyn and Donna and I went to the Taste. After we got off the train though, it started storming again. So we waited in the shadow of the Sears Tower, right behind the life-sized Mets bobblehead (that's this year's Cows on Parade, for those of you not in town). Then we headed over to Columbus for the Taste. I had a really bad headache and felt a bit nauseous, so we sat down for a while. Then, about 1.5 hours later, we headed back to Berwyn on the train.

Now, I'm tired. I have work tomorrow, like most folks do. I have to convince my coworkers to bust their asses this week so I can get out of work early Sunday and go to the All-Star festivities planned for that evening. Especially now that I know that Live is playing in between the celebrity softball and futures games...Live is one of my favorite bands, so that will be cool, I'm sure. But for now, I'm off to bed, thankfully early, given my late sleep times last few days.