Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Laz, thanks for Robbie Alomar. Norine Lisitza, if you're out there, thanks for Carl Everett. Sox general manager Kenny Williams cannot be faulted for trying. That's the key difference between him and former GM Ron Schueler. Williams is willing to deal some prospects for veterans to possibly put the team over the top. And, he's probably not done. We still need a fifth starter to get Danny Wright the hell out of the starting rotation. I don't mind losing the guys we lost in the Mets deal...Laz, Royce Ring is your Mets closer of the future, mark mine and my brother's words. I don't know who we're losing for Everett's services, but for all the talk about him being a bad-boy kind of guy, I think it's B.S. He's actually one of those hard-working players who is just going to make my White Sox that much better. I hope. :) The other nice thing though, is that ESPN, which usually ignores my White Sox, obviously has had to take notice today, as the two trades are quite blockbuster in their scope. So screw you, jackasses, you have to report on the Sox today, bitches! Yeah...

Today in softball, prior to the Sox's win and the trade for Everett, PFW softball won 22-14. I did not have a spectacular game pitching, but I did make a few nice plays in the field. I'd say I had an average game, period. I didn't hit spectacularly and I had a couple of mistakes in the field, but I think I made up for them with a couple really good plays in the field.

Yesterday, I watched "Swingers" and "Old School" with Luis, sandwiched around Hawkeye's 10-cent wing night. "Old School" wasn't as good the second time around, although Elisha Cuthbert is flat-out hot as hell in the movie. She's hot as hell otherwise, but she's particularly hot as hell in "Old School." However, "Swingers" seems to get better every time I watch it. By the way, I'm link-happy today, I guess.

I should add that I'm a little depressed that Buddy Hackett died. I don't know much of his stuff, but he had one of the better roles in one of my favorite movies, "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World." Just entirely too funny playing an innocent kind of guy named Benjy Benjamin in that movie. Just too good. But alas, nature continues...or something.

Tomorrow (Wed.) I have volleyball and then begins my four-day weekend. Then, we go balls-out once again, as football training camps approach. It kinda sucks, as that's about the end of the road for our easy time. But, I can't complain, really, even though the easy-going time is always too short.

So yeah...as usual. Go Sox. Screw you, Royals and Twins. We're comin' baby. We're comin'. Watch out.