Monday, June 30, 2003

I worked today, and, as expected, it wasn't so bad. I was home by 7:30 or so, which is quite good.

Sadly, the White Sox could not sweep the Cubs. I guess I should be happy they pulled out another 2-1 series, but I really thought with our supposed ace in Esteban Loaiza pitching and Kerry Wood (who we've creamed in past outings) pitching for them, we'd be in good shape. Alas, Wood pitched a great game and the Sox flat out blew it. We'll see if these three series they've just finished (2-1 at Wrigley, 2-1 in Minnesota, 2-1 at home vs. Cubs) really does catapult them or if they go back to being flat.

I spent the evening watching TV. "Witness" was on, so I watched it. Pretty decent movie, surely misrepresenting the Amish for all I know, but still a solid movie. Plus, if it's on AMC, it must be good, right? I also chatted on IM for a while with Jim and Nathan. Good to talk to them again.

Otherwise, tomorrow should be somewhat busy...I need to go get my car sticker and Kazak's dog tag from Bolingbrook. Then, maybe I'll do some cleaning around here for Christ's sake. I was going to clean off my "dining room" table today, but that went by the wayside. Either I'll do some cleaning or do some weeding in the garden. We'll see. Might hit the Sox-Twins game in the evening...it's half-price night. Then me and Luis will do the same evening ritual on Mondays...10-cent wings at Hawkeye's. Yippee. But for now, it's off to bed.