Friday, June 20, 2003

Well, I don't think Squawkbox is working right, which figures...so there's no real opportunity to comment, I guess. Whatever...I'll spare going on the technology rant.

I'm currently listening to the new Velvet Revolver song that appears on "The Hulk" soundtrack, called "Set Me Free." For those who don't know, it's basically Scott Weiland, the druggie lead singer from Stone Temple Pilots, and basically what's left of "Guns N Roses" (basically just minus Axl Rose). Let me tell you, it sounds pretty damned good...it's good ol' fashioned rock 'n' roll. Well, maybe not "ol' fashioned," but it's pure rock 'n' roll. The DJs on the Zone this morning were saying that it didn't sound like either of the former bands, but I think it has real hints of STP style in it...particularly the early stuff ("Core" and whatnot). At least moreso than G&R. Of course, with Weiland falling off the wagon again, I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm as much as possible.

The next 30 hours or so will be jampacked and rough, but fun as hell, no doubt. Here's the itinerary.
1. Drive to parents' house with Gerard following around 8:30am.
2. Drop off Pontiac so my dad can get brakes and tie rod ends replaced while I'm on vacation.
3. Have Gerard drive me back to Bolingbrook.
4. Have him then take me to Budget so I can pick up my rental car for the trip, around 11am.
5. Drive back into city and then on to Wrigley Field for Sox game at 2:20.
6. Stick around at Wrigley until about 4:30p, when my bro and I will have to leave.
7. Drive back to parents' house to pick up Troy, who will be meeting there.
8. Drive to softball in Oak Lawn and get there by first pitch at 6:30p.
9. Resist going out (which isn't as hard as I make it seem sometimes) and go home and go to bed.
10. Get up at 4:30am on Saturday and get going to Mississippi by 5am, in order to get there by nightfall, which should be easy.

So yeah, me and Troy will be cruisin' down I-55 on Saturday, and I'm praying with all my might I can find the Cubs-Sox game on the radio on the way down, since it's a 12-something game. But I'm not holding my breath. :) I'll be there until Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on whether my softball team actually needs me or not on Tuesday. It's about 90 percent certain they will need me, since we're going to be near-shorthanded, we're playing the best team and one of our wins was overruled and half the game needs to be replayed later in the year. It sucks. :)

All I have to say is I'm looking forward, big-time, to relaxing down South. It'll be nice, even though it'll be just two days. Every little bit helps. So now I'm off to bed.