Monday, June 16, 2003

See, I take a certain amount of personal pride right now in the fact that I grilled those pork chops and the pineapple yesterday, then brought the leftover chop and a couple slices of pineapple to work along with a package of microwavable Green Giant Niblets Corn & Butter and put together a solid lunch today. Now if I could just do this every other day or so, I might not be so poor and so pudgy. By the way, for you bachelor/bachelorettes out there, I recommend the Green Giant microwavable veggie packs. They're awesome. Sometimes, I'll microwave and eat a pack of those for dinner--it's much healthier than fast food. Plus, there's all kinds of variety. I got the broccoli and cheese one, and that's a meal in and of itself. Certainly healthier for me, at least.

On that note, I think I've either lost some weight or my body has redistributed it. After looking at myself in the mirror, I don't seem as round as I did a month ago. My gut doesn't look at round as it did, and the jeans I bought in March fit better now than they did when I got them. Now, I don't have a scale, which is fine. I don't really need one, as I'm not obsessed with weight. I don't care what number the readout says, and I don't need a number to know if I'm overweight or not. I just feel out of shape if I am. I guess playing softball twice a week and hockey/volleyball once a week has made a difference. I know it has, and not just because of the less-rotundness of my midsection or because my jeans (which may simply be stretched out now, who knows?) fit better.

In PFW softball, I typically bat in front of our power hitter, who has 8 HRs in six games. I've scored from first base at least as many times on his other hits. I told him that I appreciate him crushing the ball because I've noticed that it's gotten much easier for me to score from first now than it was the first time. I'm not as winded when i reach home. So, even though softball is more of an explosion-speed kind of sport, it's helping. If I start eating better, I bet I'd shed all sorts of weight. But that requires discipline, which everyone who reads this knows doesn't flow freely through my veins.