Sunday, June 15, 2003

Oooh boy. I see Blogger now has official gear. Color me uninterested.

Well, let's see, weekend recap. Friday night was softball night. We lost. In fact, we were hammered, 24-13 or something like that. It wasn't pretty. The other team were good hitters though, which was our downfall. We didn't make many mistakes if any, they just hit it where we weren't. Afterwards, we went to a bar called "Murphy's Law" instead of Gilhooley's, because someone had driven by Gilhooley's and said it was packed already. We wanted none of that.

After having a few beers and playing darts with my brother, my cousin and our newest teammate (my bartending friend from Hawkeye's), a couple of us headed to Countryside to a bar called Tooters for afterhours drinking and standing around. Always fun. That friend's birthday is Monday, and she wasn't sure if she would be working, so she wanted to have a good time with all of us for her birthday. Several of us obliged and headed there. My brother was worse than I ever saw him (because our friend kept buying Rumplemints shots for her birthday--after demanding that she buy the shots, not us) and I told him not to drive all the way home--to come to my house which was closer. I was told "Fuck you" in a drunken fashion and he drove home. I found out the next day that he didn't remember going home at all, and my parents said he threw his clothes away in the bathroom instead of into the laundry basket. I told him, next time, there's no "fuck you" and no options. But whatever. I got home at 4:30am, drank a big glass o' water and took two Advils and went to bed.

Saturday, I had nothing in the morning, so I slept until 2pm by design. I woke up with no hangover, despite nearly throwing up on the spot after the second Rumplemints shot...that stuff sucked. Bad. So I went out to Noodles & Co. for a re-energizing kind of late lunch and then went grocery shopping, because I was grilling up my signature pork chops for my dad (and family) for Father's Day on Sunday, before getting ready to go to the two graduation parties I was slated to attend. I went to my cousin's (2nd cousin) party first, in Plainfield. It was cool. I sat around and talked and ate and then played some horseshoes when my brother and parents showed up. My little bro decided not to come, because he was busy at the neighbor's house at that girl's party (which is where the rest of my fam came from). We all shot the shit and it was good, as it usually is.

Then I drove in behind my family to go to the neighbor girl's graduation...by this time, it was basically this girl's high school friends and our crew (her brothers' friends). I stayed there for two hours or so but started to feel tired, so I came home to Bolingbrook and went to bed around 1am. I got up around 9:30 and headed into the city to get some of the prep stuff out of the way prior to going to the Sox game. The Sox lost 1-0, and then I went to my parents' house and got grilling. As usual, the pork chops ruled, and I actually tried grilling some pineapple with a sweet curry basting...it wasn't bad. My family though, isn't a big bunch of fans of pineapple. But everyone seemed satisfied, which is good.

So now I'm sitting here back in Bolingbrook, a bit tired and a bit unmotivated. I could do something, or I could veg out and play SimCity 4 or watch TV. Maybe I'll go for some ice cream or something...I kind of have a hankerin' for ice cream. Ah well, we'll see. Tomorrow begins another work week, though shortened by Cubs-Sox tix on Friday. Then, Saturday, it's off to Mississippi with Troy for some good ol' Southern hospitality. And some sittin' on the porch and sippin' lemonade. Because, dammit, I'm doing that at least once. :)