Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I'm sure you're all depressed.

Here's something to marinate on that I was thinking on my drive home yesterday: Everything we do revolves around mercury and circles.

Went to Hawkeye's again yesterday, but this time for the weekly ritual of 10-cent wings. Nothing spectacular happened, so I'll spare the details.

I'm thinking of imposing a personal embargo on goods in and out of Andy's World in the efforts to save money. Now, that probably won't make a big difference, since I don't really go out and spend, spend, spend anyway, but we'll see. I'd like to get a part-time job at a restaurant or store or something for after work, but I fear that if I do that, not only will I have to stop seeing my friends, but it will cut into the only thing keeping me from keeling over and dying: my sports leagues. Of course, not going out, in and of itself, would help me save money, as would cooking and eating at home instead of out and about. But you try driving 45 miles in rush hour and then mustering up the desire to cook. It's not easy. If I could move closer to work or get a job closer to where I live, that would be great. But that's looking slim right now too. Oh well...I guess I'll just be stuck in this vicious, money-wasting cycle for awhile...unless I stumble across something.