Thursday, June 05, 2003

hey all...
Well, I took the day off work today, because I didn't feel too spectacular this morning (hay fever kicking in a bit, now that it's getting warmer), plus I guess beach volleyball made me more tired than I thought. I don't even remember my alarm going off at 7:30am, and when I did wake up, it was 9:50am. Thankfully, it's a slow time at work and I can afford missing work for a day. Unfortunately, it costs me a sick day or whatever, not that I plan on using all those over the course of a year anyway.

Beach volleyball wasn't a very good debut. The sand (and air, for that matter) was freezing cold and my feet went numb until about 30-45 minutes after the game was over. My hands and arms are bruised internally (no mark, just hurt to the touch) because the volleyball wasn't inflated enough, making every single hit hurt like hell. I forgot about my feet really quickly because of that. I pretty much sucked too, but I blame the deflated ball. I couldn't overhand serve at all, and I had to really, really swing at the ball to underhand serve well. It really sucked and I know I'm better. It just better be warmer next week, dammit. :)