Sunday, June 29, 2003

Hey yeah! The Sox won again today, in grand fashion once again, with a walk-off RBI single in the bottom of the ninth. This after a 36 minute rain delay during which I got pretty soaked out in our left field seats and then trying to walk over to the Stadium Club entrance, where we were supposed to meet our cousin so he could let us in. But they weren't letting anyone in. Oh well, we'll take the win. I then went to Pete's (since Barb is out in Vegas) and played a little poker. I put in for $10 in change (we were betting pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters) and came out around $9 when I left. So, not bad, considering I blew much of it on my last hand.

Last night our softball game started but was called partway through because of lightning hundreds of miles in the distance. We ended up winning (it was an official game at that point), but it kind of sucked for our opponents, since it had been lightning for about an hour in that direction. There was also a big postgame brawl on the other diamond, and the Oak Lawn police came out in full force, with about 10 squads. It was interesting to say the least...don't know what started it or anything like that, because we were in the middle of our game across the park, but who cares, right? Right. Tomorrow, I have work, preventing me once again from attending the Sunday Sox-Cubs game at Comiskey. But it should be an easy day, hopefully. We shall see.