Saturday, July 05, 2003

Yeah, yesterday I ran all over the city, but that's the way it goes. I originally was going to head to my cousins' house in Downers Grove early for their barbecue, but they postponed it to Sunday feared the rain that never came. So I hung out here until about 3, when I went into the city to go to my parents' and then next door, where most of the neighborhood friends and such were convening. I stayed there until 8:00, when I traveled up Harlem to Barb and Pete's and then on to the party their group of friends was throwing over near Foster and Western. Yes, there was a back porch, and yes, we sat on it like a bunch of "fux" (I promised I'd use that word here), except there was no danger, because we didn't have a keg and there were only maybe 10 of us. It was, as usual, a good time. I got to be all nostalgic because one of the guys who lives there collects and displays his Transformers on a shelf. So that was cool for about 20 minutes or so. Otherwise, we just had a good time sitting on the porch drinking, eating and shooting the shit.

Today I'm hoping to get a lot done around here, but I'm concerned that I won't. I need to do dishes and my carpet could use a vacuuming. I'd also like to clean my table off and maybe the counter top in the kitchen. But, like I said, I'm a little concerned I won't get to all of it today before I most certainly go out tonight. But here's hoping I do.