Sunday, July 06, 2003

I organized my desk yesterday and then called it quits on cleaning. All in all, a good day of straightening things up. I then rewarded myself by heading to our new favorite bar, Trippers. Trippers is the loving name for our friend Steve's basement bar. It's so retro '70s, it reminded the guys and gals of the bar Jack Tripper used to go to in "Three's Company," minus the shag carpeting on the floor and walls. They have orange barstools with the backrests, Christmas lights and the walls alternate strips of wood and mirrors. It's pretty damned funny the first time you see it, but it's damned cozy. And it's a sizable bar too. Plus they've got a 47-inch TV that they got basically thrown in with the house when they bought it. It's a really old TV, but the picture is crystal clear because the owner had just gotten the tube replaced.

So I hung out there and came back and went to bed. That was about it. Today I'm off to my cousins' barbecue, which was postponed on Friday because of the threat of rain. Otherwise, I'll be relaxing and enjoying my final "summer day off" what with training camps coming up. I gotta start organizing the camping trip I'm going on in August already. Jeez.