Saturday, July 26, 2003

Well, the pool party was cancelled, but that was a possibility, as my friend's mom isn't feeling so well and we knew that. So I have a few hours with which I can do some things and be productive, and that's good. I'll probably hit Men's Wearhouse and by my suit and shit, to get it out of the way now instead of during the week. I know I have a few other things to do, but I'm struggling to remember them right now...I'll think of them soon enough. I do have some writing to do for work, and I still want to start that short story soon and get it rolling. Gotta do it now while it's fresh in my mind, or it will never happen.

Zentra last night wasn't as ridiculously trendy as I thought it would be. It was a bit trendy, but was a very typical dance club, really. I was there for maybe an hour and a half (no problem, since we had no cover to get in and free vodka drinks for the first half hour--only $5 after that anyway, for a nice-sized, well-made--though diluted--screwdriver), and we sat out on the patio area, talked shit and I left to go get Barb and Pete and head to Streetside Cafe to see Mike hit the decks. Luis and Monica met us there. As usual, Mike was good. For comparison, I had a screwdriver at Streetside and nearly gagged because there was hardly ANY orange juice in it, and I think it was the same price or maybe a bit more. But the bartender did a solid job with the Stoli Oranj/7-UP drink later...not too strong, not too sweet. Good deal. Some guy was there with a polaroid camera, taking pictures and charging $5 for them with a nice little display stand. I gave him $7, even though it's quite possibly the worst picture of all of us, we agreed. None of us was really ready to take a picture, and he just kind of snapped it and that was it. But hey, he's gotta make a living, just like me. ;) The five of us started talking camping and psuedo-hashing some things out. It should be a good time, even though I will be a "fifth wheel" now. But that's OK. I'll just use the trip to re-energize my batteries and do some thinking about things...not that that's particularly always healthy for me, but hey. Maybe I'll find one of the bluffs, go out there and just sit and relax. Maybe I'll take a sketchbook and try my hand at that. Maybe we'll take Monopoly (or Solarquest...yay!) and play that for hours and hours. Who knows? :) That's part of the fun of the trip, really. Just going and being there. So we shall see. After Streetside, we dragged Luis and Monica even further north to the Denny's near Barb and Pete's place and I ended up getting home around 4:00 or so. Pretty damned tired too. :)