Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Sometimes I wonder how the brain works. I hadn't remembered a dream in a long time, and I wonder if the fact that I remember a vivid dream last night is a direct result of Laz talking about his dreams the last few nights.

Anyway, last night, I dreamed I was at some sort of banquet/wedding in some random hall. I saw this beautiful woman walking up to the buffet-style dinner table to get some food. Usually, I can't remember stuff like this--and usually, my mind isn't powerful enough to create new, imaginary people, but for whatever reason, my mind did. Maybe my imagination's coming back. Yay! :) Anyway, she had a lighter brown long hair, not really shiny, but nice, was more than half a foot shorter than me and had nicely tanned skin. I wanted to dance (though i heard no music). So I walked up to her and actually hugged her from behind (?) and said, "Do you want to dance?" Of course, she agreed, since it's my dream.

But the funny part is, we started dancing, but we were doing some weird dance that could be possibly classified as swing, but with more of a closeness to it. I'm not talking like dirty dancing--it was not sexual or anything, maybe SENSUAL, but as though we were the only two out there, and we were dancing really closely yet at a swing-like pace. By the way, I still heard no music. But there were others dancing. I was transfixed on her eyes (though she was much shorter than me), which were an unbelievable, bright, sunflower-yellow color. They were beautiful--the most beautiful thing I'd seen. As was her smile. We were excellent dancers and perfect with each other out there, and everyone said so after we were done.

We finished dancing, and she went back to her table. I remember a "friend"--don't know who, it was a random voice--saying, "You should go and talk to her; you're in, you know?" And I said, "I know I'm in, that's why I don't have to say anything. She'll come over here and ask me to dance again, I know she will. I made my point and my interest known. And then I'll talk to her."

Then my mind skipped ahead, and I was returning to the room (I assume from the bathroom or something...I guess my mind doesn't like to dream about peeing.). I walked over to a table full of former CRCers...it was a long, cafeteria-type table, which seemed odd, because most of the other tables were the round, wedding-reception types...none of you folks were there, but I'm talking like, people we'd probably forgotten about and that some of you never met...Doug Cohen and Amy Liu, Huggy Bear, Jamie Wughalter, Nikki Waller and a whole bunch of other people I can't remember at the moment, mostly from my freshman year. They all were happy to see me and many of them were impressed at the show I'd put on on the dance floor. They asked me who the girl was, and I said I didn't know, but I'd tell them as soon as I found out. I talked to them awhile (in dreams, it's tough to remember general conversation for me...it's like Peanuts...wah, wah wah, wah wah wah...) and then went back to my table, a round one, where I was sitting alone. This time I heard some general music, and the dream ended after the girl came up to me, as predicted, and asked me to dance again.