Wednesday, July 16, 2003

I noticed something tonight that I never really gave THAT much thought to, after the All-Star Game when I stopped at my parents' house to get my car. There is nothing more soothing to me than my parents' frontroom at night when the window air conditioner is on. It immediately comforts me, because it sets off some signals in my brain. I mean, it works so well as a trigger in my brain that I very much will consider window air conditioning over central air whenever I get to make such a decision. First, it's loud and steady, and thus easy to sleep through. When I was younger, my bro and I used to "sneak" into the frontroom to sleep because our room never really got cool enough. I say "sneak" because even though my parents had gone to bed (their room is right off the frontroom), they knew we would be out there on the couch or floor within 15 minutes of them turning off the lights. It was especially nice during thunderstorms when I was little, because it often drowned out a lot of the thunder, which I was afraid of when I was little. I never had to run into my parents' room scared and sleep with them because I was always in the frontroom, which was right there. And it was comforting. Plus, I think it also signals summertime to me, which of course was always my favorite season because of summer vacation. Of course, I don't get that now, but hey, the triggers are all still there I guess.

Anyway, the All-Star Game was awesome...no mascots today, sadly, so I failed miserably in my attempts to get as many as possible. But oh well. I got some pictures, but they're no huge deal. Great game, of course, and that's all that matters. It was well worth the money. Now, back to the daily grind tomorrow. Yippie. :)