Monday, May 05, 2003

OK...it's hard to try to explain this kind of stuff to you guys without sounding like I'm bitching. But I'll try.

Today, as you all know, I had to work when normally we'd have the day off. We were told to come in at noon. However, I'm sitting here now at 5:30, I do have work to do. But I have no idea when I'm leaving. I was hoping to make plans of some sort, even just by myself to clean around the house. But I can't do that because I'm here not knowing when I'm leaving. I can't go up to my supervisor and say, "When are you expecting us to leave?" because then I sound like I'm just trying to get out of here and not working well or working my ass off. Make sense?

So meanwhile, I sit here, uncertain of whether we can leave when we're done with our work, leave at, say, 6 p.m., or leave after an eight-hour shift, putting that at 8:00pm. That is what sucks...that I am in the dark about what's going on. I need to clean my apartment through and through, because my buddy from Missouri is coming up from Wednesday through Friday or Saturday, and my place is a big-time pig sty right now. Tonight, really, is the only full night I was going to have, since I have softball tomorrow night--I'll just have to bust my ass home afterward and get whatever cleaning possible before I grow tired and go to sleep. Same with tonight, I guess. We'll see. How's everyone doing? I haven't had any comments lately, and I was wondering if I've ostracized all with my ramblings. :)