Saturday, May 24, 2003

I hate having to apologize for blogspot's stupidity, but I'm sorry. There. Bunch of idiots.

Well, yesterday I spent most of my day off out in the garden, sitting, thinking, planting, transplanting, relaxing. I also noticed that some plants that I thought were dead and gone were actually coming back. That's awesome, at least for me it is. As I've said before, my garden is my "art." There no rhyme or reason to most of it. I just think things will look good and I put them in. And usually, I'm right. Plus, when I need a morale or confidence boost, which I've needed lately, I go out and just sit and take in all that I've done. It amazes me. I sit there and think, "Wow, I planted all this stuff and with only minimal care, really, look at how much it's grown." Or I'll go out front to the evergreen bushes and the spruce tree I planted the first year I was here, and remember just how tiny they were when I planted them and how much bigger they are now. It's like a reward. I love it. Something tells me that if I have kids someday, they'll be my pride and joy. But for now, my plants are my "kids" (even though I leave them outside in the wintertime. ;) ) Anyway, typically after being in the garden, I feel better about things, most of the time. Sometimes I'll just go out there and sit and clear my mind completely. And I feel refreshed afterward. Yesterday, I think at one point I took a "nap" (eyes open, sitting up) between several of the flowers. And I was re-energized for softball after a long day of all of the above things.

Of course, we proceeded to lose in softball 11-8. We sleepwalk through the first couple innings, and then our bats suddenly wake up late...too late now in three straight games. So I suggested we hit around before the game, just to get the muscles and brain going. We'll see if that happens and then if it helps if we try it. Who knows. I start beach volleyball on Wednesday, which should be a pseudo adventure. At worst, it'll be a ton of fun. I hope. :)