Sunday, May 18, 2003

Much has happened, yet nothing at all.

The power went out at work yesterday at 3pm, and we were let out at 4. Then, I had a 16-inch softball game at 8:30. We were down 4-1 heading into the top of the sixth inning, and the floodgates opened for our opponents. We fell behind 11-1, and if we didn't score, the game would be over. We put up two runs, bringing it to 11-3. Top of the seventh, they scored two more runs. So we needed 10 to tie, and 11 to win. We got two more, leaving the final at 13-5. No one was hitting the ball on our team at all, except me this time. I went 3-for-3 with two singles and a double.

Today was Chocolate Fest. It rocked only because I went with Troy and Eulalia. If I had to go myself, I'd probably crash intentionally into a draining ditch. The chocolate was cheap, which is fine...but to drive that far just for Nestle products (personally, I prefer Fannie May, Cadbury and World's Finest chocolate over Nestle and Hershey) would have driven me nuts. Thank God for the camaraderie. :) Anyway, the event has lost its luster to me, I think because it's really the same freakin' thing every year...we didn't even get to see the break dancing troupe that was supposed to be there. But it was a beautiful day and nice to see that Burlington has gotten progressively more "diverse" over the years.

On Sunday (today, I guess) I visit my high school for Eddie's graduation ceremony. He's done with high school and is headed, I assume, to Northern Illinois, where my other brother went. We're supposed to hit a restaurant afterward, so it could be a pseudo long day. But I'm sure it won't be bad. There's bad long days and good ones. This one ought to be fine.