Tuesday, May 13, 2003

My second flirtation in three months with going to Las Vegas has ended, yet again, in disappointment. This time, I was set to go and meet Laz and a handful of other former NU folks there next weekend. I even had a plan for how I could sacrafice and get the money so I wouldn't have to sit around while everyone else gambled their pretty little heads off. Part of why I was going to go was Southwest had $79 one way tickets...so $150 round trip would have been pretty sweet and doable. However, of course, the damned flights are sold out, pushing the cost above $200, which I promised myself when the coworkers went a couple months ago that I wouldn't surpass in order to basically go lose more money in Sin City.

So, Laz, sorry. You'll have a good time anyway. :)

Softball today sucked as usual. We got slaughtered again. I didn't even get to pitch. I like to pitch in 12-inch softball, but I'm a team player, especially since I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to run our work team and keep folks happy and somehow figure out how to win a game. It's maddening. So I did OK at the plate, more or less. But as a whole, our team just isn't doing well. I can't figure it out other than we have trouble creating baserunners and we aren't very lucky. The team we played had at least three falling-down, lucky-ass catches in the outfield today. Meanwhile, we played defense relatively well and still gave up copious runs. Ah well...I don't know. At least my 16-inch team is pretty solid and at least competitive.

Hockey tomorrow! Playoff hockey, that is! :)