Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Since I'm frequently complaining about my job, let me share a "little things mean a lot" moment about my job. I cover the AFC East, which, as far as I'm concerned, is the best division as far as having their shit straight.

We have to get up-to-date rosters, including Joe Scrub rookie free agents, by tomorrow. While other guys are calling and having the things faxed, emailed, etc. and running into all sorts of hassles, my AFC East teams are on the ball, with rosters updated and ready to go on their Web sites. It's great. Even the Jets, who typically are somewhat standoff-ish in the media relations area, are on the ball. I love it. Really, only the Patriots have a glitch in their online rosters in that the NFL experience column hasn't been updated. But I call them and get the roster immediately. And I mean immediately. It's nice when teams cooperate and make my life easier.

now, I'm off to hockey.