Monday, March 17, 2003

Two things worth mentioning yesterday: One that I heard and one that happened to me.

I was sitting at my CPU with the news on in the background, and I shouldn't be amazed, but I am. I heard about this chick and shook my head. It always amazes me as to how ignorant protesters usually are about the situation that they're protesting or the situations they're in. Whether the driver saw her or not, why was she on the dirt? Better yet, why was she over there? The Middle East is not the U.S., and I mean that in the sense that, just because there's a "democracy" in place doesn't mean they treat protesters the same way. Protesters are pretty much dispicable in my mind, and we'll leave it at that...

I later went out with Luis and Monica to a bar way down south called Blarney Stone. It was all right, except that the band ("The Afterschool Specials") really wasn't (since when did "Sweet Home Alabama" feature bongo drums?), but right when we were about to leave, two guys we graduated grade school with showed up. I had seen the one guy a few months ago, but the other guy I hadn't seen since high school. We reminisced a bit and talked about setting up a "reunion" type thing at a bar sometime in June. We talked about a bunch of our fellow alums, and what they're up to and where. I had completely forgotten about a couple of them. And apparently, they're all in the south and southwest suburbs for the most part. It's amazing we've never run into each other. Luis and Monica went home and me and the two guys went to another bar because they wanted to play Golden Tee, which wasn't working at Blarney Stone. More reminiscing went on there, but there wasn't much cohesion, as they were pretty drunk (they'd been drinking since 8 am at the South Side Irish Parade). So I went home and went to bed around 3 am. And here I am at work.