Thursday, February 02, 2006

--94 days.

--Gordon Gekko wins another lame 1-0 battle. Dammit.

NEXT MATCHUP: Lou Gehrig (The Pride of the Yankees) vs. Phyllis Dietrichson (Double Indemnity). Yippee.

--Here's how much of a geek I am. I worked until 7:30pm today researching, downloading and formatting foodservice sales info for s a u s a g e and h o t dogs for a story we're working on. I got about 8 tables of data, broken down by the amount that each of those things appear on menus with this one company that collects the menu data from more than 1,000 restaurant chains. So I was able to find out how many menus carry those items, how many items are on the menus, etc. I can break it down by type of restaurant, year, and even type of dish (i.e., breakfast entree, center of plate item, side dish, etc.). It's pretty cool. So I spent most of the evening formatting it and getting it ready for publication. And I got a great satisfaction from that. :) Like I said, total geek.

--So then I came home and watched "Beauty and the Geek 2." So my geekiness is complete.

--Now, I feel kind of tired, of course. I do have things to do now, but, figures, no motivation. :)