Saturday, February 04, 2006

--92 days.

--OK, the tuxes are out of the way now...amazing how much easier and quick it is for us guys to pick a tux (not too many options) compared to the amount of time it takes to pick a dress for the women. All I'll say is this: I'm gonna look slick...though I had reservations about looking possibly even more slick. There was this awesome, awesome ensemble there that, man, I have to say I was craving. But I was concerned that it was too traditional and too "formal" in a sense. So I chickened out on it and went a little more "normal." Gina was not involved at all, and I think I did a damned good job...though, honestly, it's not like it's a big, big departure from the norm anyway. The other option would have been a bit of a departure, but with a highly traditional look to it. So those are done...at 5pm, we have the tasting at the reception hall, which ought to be nice. Hell, free food is ALWAYS nice...and free GOOD food is even better.

--We'll see about modifying and doing a better schtick...I have to think about whether or not I'm going to be reliable with it. :) Some of the cooler matchups I was looking forward to for the previous, trashed schtick: Norman Bates vs. Erin Brockovich, Mr. Potter vs. Woodward & Bernstein, Clarice Starling vs. Martians (War of the Worlds), HAL 9000 vs. Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid, Oskar Schindler vs. Man (Bambi), and the Wicked Witch of the West vs. General Patton. Alas...the others sucked too hard. :)

--You know, reading about Detroit and the Super Bowl kinda makes me happy I'm not there covering it, especially now with the blizzard or whatever that could hit the city. Man, if that blizzard hits, forget it...Detroit will never get a Super Bowl again, which is too bad, because my buddies at PFW report that Detroit(ians) are really nice and friendly and helpful toward everyone coming in for the game. So, that's too bad for them, I guess... :)