Tuesday, February 14, 2006

--82 days.

--I'm sleepy. I don't know what's with me lately, but I've gotten sleepy early each night...like, I was so tempted to go to bed around 9:30 tonight. But, I had some things to check up on here...but I think I'll get to bed soon. As I said, I'm sleepy.

--Valentine's Day is always easy when you know how to cook and like to do it, as I do. But, for Valentine's Day, I prefer not to make the same old, same old. It's an evening to try a challenging dish or something new. Last year, I made beef wellington and steamed raw shrimp en pappillote (sp?) with some veggies, and it turned out great. I even made the beef wellington for my parents once. So, I've set a precedent, and now I had to come up with something this year. With the guidance of my favorite Italian chef on TV, Giada De Laurentiis, I had wasted my "new dish" weeks ago. So, I searched all over...this year, I decided to keep it simple, because it's been a rough week or two for me at work, and I've been, as I mentioned, quite tired.

So I picked up some beef tenderloin filets, seared and then broiled them, and whipped up a sour cream and whipping cream based sauce to go over them. That, with rice, was perfect, and more than enough, with no leftovers. Always great in a house that doesn't love leftovers as much as others. :) Gina liked it, so that's all that matters...then, we stumbled upon ol' Giada traveling through Italy on the Food Network, so we watched that and just bummed around. Nice and relaxing, which is good.

--OK then...I'm trying to sort out seating arrangements in my spare time, so that I don't have to figure it all out after RSVPs come back, once invites are sent. Spreadsheets rock, I should mention...it will allow me to cut and paste people around as folks RSVP "no," making sorting out seating a breeze...

--Ah well, that's about it for now...