Saturday, March 05, 2005

Well, fantastic.

One of my teeth, probably the worst one in my mouth, just broke. This tooth has been through hell in my lifetime, featuring mostly fillings on the surface more than actual tooth enamel. Well, my dentist pointed out last year that he was worried about the stability of the tooth, and that we should keep an eye on it. Well, I was eating some popcorn, and thought I was biting into a kernel. But kernels aren't opaque white.

There's no pain (yet), and it's a small part of the tooth. But now, I'll have to schedule an emergency appointment with the dentist to get it looked at. This year will probably be a big-money-spending year on my teeth, and this is just the beginning. I'm getting the front ones "straightened" and the half-dead one veneered so it looks white. Plus, I'll probably have surgery to remove the roots of the already missing tooth.

Should be a blast. I just hope this broken tooth doesn't start hurting and survives until I can get to the dentist.