Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Well, today I called SBC to find out if my online stuff went through. It didn't. So I spent more than an hour on the phone with them setting up my new phone service. They had a couple deals they gave me too, so now I'll have DSL service after the 16th of October at the house and a CELL PHONE. Yes, a cell phone. That won't be activated until after Oct. 10 though...those of you whom I like will get the number. Those others can kiss my ass. :) Here's the deal they gave me...the most expensive thing is the land phone line...like $40/month, with a $40 setup fee. No voice mail on that, but I have an answering machine for when I'm not on the phone. High-speed DSL will cost me $29.95/month for the first 12 months, and will continue to cost that if I still use them for my local phone service. They're waiving the installation and setup fees (like $150), but I'll have to pay shipping on the modem thingie ($15). The cell phone gives me 300 anytime minutes and 5,000 night and weekend minutes for $21/month base fee. It's a two-year contract. The phone costs $50, but they're sending me a rebate check for that, and I'll just have to pay shipping on the phone (another $15 or so). Now, for as long as I keep the three accounts going, I will get 20% off my cell phone bill per month. So, per month, I'll pay about $115 for phone and high-speed Internet access (including long-distance in this case, since I won't have to get a long-distance carrier b/c of the cell phone). Plus, as highly anticipated, I get a cell phone. So everyone's happy, I guess...

I just hope the hidden costs (because there are bound to be some) aren't bad...nice and cheap, I hope.

I can't afford to rent a moving truck or van. That sucks...because now it puts a cramp in my plan to move this Saturday...of course, delaying knowing doesn't help. Let's hope those friends that have vans of mine step up and help out...I just need to move furniture on Saturday, really. Everything else, my car can handle, I'm sure.

Kudos to the hated Cubs...they played great baseball and won because of it. I can live with that...and we won in softball today, 11-5 or something like that. That was nice.

Ah well...off to bed and then work tomorrow.