Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Get used to the Creamsicle design, folks, because it's pleasant on the eyes and it's staying. :) Like I said, I like orange. :)

Today (Tuesday) is my brother Tim's birthday. Maybe I'll stop by my parents' house after softball, if they're going to do anything. Which means I should probably get him a card at least.

The Bears, of course, lost. My big-money fantasy team is in trouble because of the crap touchdown Anthony Thomas scored, and I'm not happy about it. But that's life, right? Right. Otherwise, the Urban Therapy Monday-night Madness was great fun as usual and as expected. :) Plus, I got to make them happy by dropping off the completed (finally) nightstand. It looks nice, I think. But maybe they'll use it for firewood, I don't know. :) At any rate, that's one less thing to move. :)

I set up my phone account at the new apartment today...did you guys know you can do that online? That was awesome, but I'll need to call them to confirm things and ask if I can change my bill date to the middle of the month or something, just to ease the monetary burden at the end of the month. Hopefully, after I settle in a bit, I'll get a cell phone (as many of you say, finally).

I need to find and reserve a moving truck. I also need to email all my wonderful friends and see who can help me move on Saturday, early enough to get done with as much as possible by about 4:30. Whatever is not done, I'll have to move myself...but if I can get all the furniture there and settled, then I can always cart the smaller stuff in my car during the week or something. Butch should be pretty much moved in by then. I brought up to him the following idea, which probably will happen, it's just a matter of when...instead of having a housewarming party straight up soon after we move in, I suggested we take the month to get everything "set up" and have a Halloween Housewarming Party. It won't be on Halloween necessarily, or even certainly on that weekend, but we'll see for sure. More details if we decide to go through with that.

As for now, I've got some bills to pay, which I'll do tomorrow, and plenty of packing to do, which I'll have to really crank into tomorrow after softball. That's it, it can't wait any longer.

Oh yeah, and one more thing: It's really cool when you "rediscover" music you have in your CD collection. Just for kicks, when I was cleaning my CD collection up for moving, I popped in Nine Inch Nails' "Broken" EP (LP?). I forgot just how damned good it is! So now I'm listening to it a lot...it's just like, six songs, but they mostly rock out pretty hard and that's cool. Plus, they're really musically cool from a mid-90s Industrial music perspective...I like 'em.