Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Here's something that frightened me yesterday.

Evanston. Evanston frightened me, but not in the way it used to always frighten me.

I've hated Evanston from the day I set foot in that Godforsaken suburb. Parking: crap. People: mostly crap. Attitude: pure crap. I swore when I left NU that I'd never again live in Evanston.

Here's what scared me: Evanston didn't look bad yesterday evening. Like, good enough to live in. Even typing that right now sends shivers into me. I don't know why, but I felt yesterday like I could move into Evanston and be cool with it. Again, I don't have a clue why I felt that way suddenly. I hadn't been there in months, and the whole area around the big cinema has really sprung up...nothing spectacular (except a Noodles & Co., which is one of my fav restaurants nowadays) that I'd live to have, but good enough, I guess.

I guess I'm just weird.