Monday, March 24, 2003

Brief blog before I bust into working...

Well, I snapped at my dad yesterday. There was one point where I just got fed up and said: "...and now you're starting to piss me off. Ya know, I don't mind and actually like helping out with this stuff, but stop treating me like a five-year-old, or I'll just leave and you won't have anyone to help you." Some time after that, he let me find and mark the studs in the ceiling...but whatever. I feel bad about it, but he has to understand that I'm not a little kid anymore.

After we got done, around 6 or so, I headed over to see what Luis was up to. He and his girlfriend Monica and his sisters and cousin were watching "Road to Perdition" and said to sit and watch. They were planning on watching the Oscars after. I said OK. It was a great time. We just mocked the hell out of the whole thing...I decided I would keep a running tally of mentions of war in Iraq/pleadings for peace vs. Oscars won by "Chicago." Chicago had a late lead, but Michael Moore's rant pushed "peace" over the top. I had to award "peace" three points for that explosion. "Peace" ended up winning 14-6. Again though, it was close early.

I was glad to be watching the Oscars there, instead of at home by myself. Because, simply put, it would have made me think of where I might have watched them and with whom. Watching them with Luis and Monica at least made me forget some things and have some fun watching the Oscars. But I digress...

...more as it is warranted.