Saturday, September 20, 2008

Most grammar-challenged neighborhood ever...

Apparently, this weekend is "yard/garage sale" weekend within a two- to three-block radius of my house. I walked to Walgreens this afternoon and also drove out to Jewel-Osco and to my brother's b-day dinner, and saw quite a few signs for them, all over the place.

Anyway, several caught my eye for their terrible spelling and bad grammar. Two, in particular:
1. "HUMUGUS YARD SALE" -- This one was taped to the bus stop near Austin and Addison.
2. "YAR SALE" -- What's funny about this is, obviously someone got tired of writing these signs, because they were EVERYWHERE, and they were spelled correctly on all the other ones I saw.

Suffice to say, I did not buy anything. Though I did walk past a few front-yard sales and saw nothing but the expected crap, so I didn't even stop.

Anyway, carry on!