Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm done...

Yep, that's it. I've held back from writing here all week, but I'm officially done being pissed off about the Sox's inability to pitch and win the AL Central. So, fuck 'em. Yesterday, 8 runs; today, 6 runs. And they lose both games. Could have taken first place today; lose the game almost the instant the Twins' score is announced.

Fucking bastards.

With my bro out of town, I have tickets for Monday's potential makeup game against the Tigers, and for the first home game of the playoffs for the Sox. I'll go to the Tigers game, if it even happens, but I'm certainly not going to be one iota surprised if (a) it even gets to that point, or (b) they lose and fall out of the playoffs.

They've had a magnificent season -- one that no one believed they could have. And they've ruined the whole damned thing. Which means now I have to turn to the Bears for my solace, and we all know that's not going to console me much at all.