Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another thing I've apparently inherited is the desire to record my child's life.

My friends who have kids (most of whom read this blog) have done a stellar job...and they've been part of the inspiration to grow the seedling that was planted by my grandpa on my mom's side, who had a Super 8 mm camera and used to have it at all the family functions when I was younger and he was still alive. I've always enjoyed home movies, photos, etc. -- anything that was a record of how things were and how stupid/silly people could be. I'm a sucker for that stuff, and honestly wish there were more of it available to me from my younger days and even my parents/grandparents days.

So, this leads me to a couple current tugs-of-war.

1. I wanted some money for Christmas so I could buy a Digital SLR in anticipation of the baby's arrival. I got not much money. So I had to temporarily put that on hold...the tug of war comes in because now I have Kazak vet bills to worry about, in the sense of how much that's going to end up costing me in the end. Making matters worse, Best Buy decided to put the Canon EOS XT on sale for really cheap (Costco's even cheaper, though), which opened my eyes to the possibility of getting a camera now.

2. Now, also, I'm torn as to whether I want the Nikon D40 or the Canon EOS XT. This won't be an easy choice, because I know people who swear by both cameras.

3. KM introduced me to an awesome little digital recorder that she has used for her little baby girl to record quick videos for posting on their blog. It's really awesome, and I plan on getting one--it's the RCA Small Wonder.

Basically, to summarize, I have too much going on and not enough time or loose change to do all them. Not right now, anyway. Hopefully soon, however. :) Sorry for the complaining, if it sounded like complaining. If anyone wants to use the Comment box as a forum for bashing Nikons or Canons, be my guest. :)