Friday, January 11, 2008

Well, no news is good news...in a sense.

I had to go to O.K. City for work Wed. and Thu., and was worried quite a bit that something would happen with Kazak while I was gone. Thankfully, nothing did. I even had my brother "on alert," ready to come and get him and Gina (since Gina obviously can't carry Kazak's 67-pound ass even when not pregnant) and get them to the vet, I was that worried. But Kazak's actually been "normal," as in normal of late, anyway. Really though, he's still his playful, loving self, just with those new oddities. So I take that as a good sign (not that he's getting "better," just that whatever's going on inside is not a big problem, yet, so I have a bit of time).

I did get an estimate from the doctor for the new blood test and ultrasound, and it's going to run me nearly $500 to get that work done. That is quite a lot of money. So I need to sit down and think this through...and talk to the doctor a bit more about it. What is the likely outcome of a negative result? What about a positive? I know she'll probably be non-committal, saying we won't really know until we find out what's going on, but I will tell her I just want an idea that spending $500 isn't going to turn into $3,000 and/or my dog's chances of survival or a normal life are slim to none. So I hope that she can give me at least a glimpse of what I might see. Who knows?

Pet ownership...gotta love it. More next week, unless something interesting happens sooner.