Sunday, January 21, 2007

--Fun fact: Someone told me the other day that if the Bears and Colts play in the Super Bowl, it will be the closest geographic matchup in Super Bowl history. Can you name the previous closest (now that the Bears and Colts are IN)?

--Where's Brian Griese? Just wondering...fuckin' naysayers. This is what we should be asking of Grossman--not to CARRY the team. If you want Griese to do something, he should start calling plays, not throwing the ball. The problem is Ron "I forgot how to run the ball" Turner, or whatever brain-sucking amoeba is attached to his head.

--Really, can the Midwest finally get some sports respect from the overhyped, overrated Coasts now that we had two World Series champions in a row and five of the last six teams were Midwestern teams, and we also now have both Super Bowl participants? I mean really...ESPN should move to Bristol, Wisconsin. :)

--Go Bears, dammit...although I don't have too much hope. I've said it most of the year, the Bears will win the NFC but likely lose the Super Bowl. I hope my thoughts are incorrect, but I just have a bad feeling about having Tillman try to cover any of those Colts receivers. It could get really ugly.

--I have SO much to do, it's not even funny...and I'm off to Atlanta on Tuesday afternoon for a conference that runs until Friday. Figures.