Friday, April 15, 2005

Jim's neck of the (North)woods is pretty nice. I was wined and dined by a manufacturer of conveyors. I got to see how they're made, developed and everything, which was pretty damned interesting.

I also was treated to a fantastic dinner. The special was elk, so I figured, since I was in Wisconsin, I should have something special to the area. Plus, the elk was highly recommended by the waiter. Let me tell you, it was probably the best meat I've ever eaten. Think of the best beef tenderloin you've ever had and multiply that times 10. It was tender, juicy and very flavorful. I was pleasantly surprised, so much so that I skipped dessert.

Otherwise, the presentation and tour was cool. I learned some really interesting stuff that should come in handy in the future, and I made some good contacts too. And that's ALWAYS good.

Now to do what I can with a potentially nice weather weekend. :)