Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hello all.

It's been a few days, I know...

I'm glad spring is "relatively" here. This is nice.

I've been madly organizing a co-rec softball team at my work, and it's been tough as hell. Getting enough women, then getting the company to sponsor it, and now trying to actually get into a league...and figure out shirts and who's going to pay for them. And of course, the team name, which is ever so important. But I guess I'd have it no other way, really.

Work's been pretty decent lately. I've made great impressions in the short time I've been there, especially during the current time of great stress...we're r e d e s i g n i n g the whole thing because it's dated and we can update it. This, of course, has brought up a lot of problems that were "buried" in routine and mediocrity. So it's been interesting...many arguments between folks, unfortunately (frustratingly), in a very "we're a bunch of five-year-olds" kind of way. So we don't get a ton done at a time, unless everyone keeps their heads screwed on right. So it can be stressful...but I've made a fantastic impression on the big boys with my contributions. So that's nice. We'll see if it leads to anything, ever. :)

Hmmm...there's actually a good deal of things to do around here. Once it gets definitively warm, I'll set up the flower pots/boxes outside. Currently, there are a couple of plants (pepper plant and a Rosemary plant I bought), but that's about it for now.

Tomorrow, I head up for a less-than-24-hour jaunt to a manufacturer west of Milwaukee...Jimbo, I'd visit, but I'm literally going to be in to town in the evening and out right away the next afternoon. But next time I head up, I'll let you know...hopefully, I'll have more than five days' notice too. I like Milwaukee and am kind of sad I can't stop anywhere...

Anything else? What's new with all of you?