Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Lest I be accused, by Laz, of "giving up," as he so wrongly accused UrbanTherapy, I figured I'd post.

What's new?

Well, with me, I've been busy with the new job. It's been good. We're working on a publication now...a show preview guide. So finally, I get to flex some managing editor muscle of some sort. That makes me happy. I've been working on a story about trends in the tortilla industry. That's been interesting to write b/c I did none of the interviews and don't know very much about the topic yet. But I'm surviving.

My after-work schedule has been spent looking up condos with Gina. Yes, we're trying to move into a condo. She has the money to put down, and we both have enough to pay the monthly mortgage...in fact, it might end up cheaper per month than renting, which is nice. We'll probably look at a bunch of places during the week. So that's taking up a good portion of brain power. That and the anticipation of my first check, at the end of the week, which should allow me to start paying off debts, finally. Yay...

In other "news," I found this to be apropos and funny. Good work, Jack Higgins!


I heard on the radio today, driving in something about Toyota is developing vehicles that have emotions. Cars that will be happy, sad, angry, etc. My question is, why? What's the point? Why doesn't Toyota donate all that money to finding a cure for cancer or feeding the hungry? If the answer is, to keep the R&D scientists and engineers employed, well then donate them to the cause too. I just don't understand sometimes. Do any of you? Would any of you WANT a car that had and expressed emotions...they're supposed to give the car "eyes" as well somehow. Personally, I think that would be creepy...and unnecessary. But hey...maybe I'm a moron.