Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So, I thought of an interesting dichotomy in my life right now while waiting in the customer lounge at Mizera Chevy for my car (more on that in a moment) this morning.

1. My job is giving me a crushing load of work nowadays, and I can't help but feel the pressure and have to complain about it, because, well, that's one way to relieve the pressure.
2. My dad's job is giving him hardly any work, and the union actually just switched everyone to a four-day workweek, apparently, and my dad can't help but feel the pressure of needing the work to make enough money (they are paid hourly) to live, and he complains about it to relieve the pressure.
3. There is no way we could cooperate to aleviate these strains.

I don't know. I thought it was interesting.

Oh, the car. Well, my car decided that three months of worry-free driving was enough. This morning, for whatever reason, the car's power steering was not working. So I take the day off work, hop back in the car, and head over to the Chevy dealer nearby, since my car is still under warranty. Of course, at this stage, the power steering is working just fine. So I take it in anyway, to tell them to check for any fault codes in the car's CPU. Nothing. Not a blip.

So I don't know. I guess, since I took the day off, I'll just relax and enjoy the day, since I need it. But, maybe I'll do some work later, to try to stem the tide of falling behind again. We shall see. Dumb cars.