Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What a total reversal...

Yesterday I said (facetiously) I was quitting journalism.

Today, I received my first-ever journalism award. The American Society of Business Publication Editors saw it fit to award my previous magazine (at my current workplace) first place in the Midwest Region for our special annual issue--our State of the Industry report from last year. Prior to my current magazine, that was the hardest I busted my ass, and it feels good to be rewarded. Granted, I get only a plaque (a sweet-looking one though), but still, the recognition is awesome. I have to share the award with my fellow staffers, of course, but still, I played a very integral role, and let me tell you, it feels great to be acknowledged. Of course, we won the Gold award, but I guess we didn't have enough points to move on to the national competition. But, hey, we're doing some sweet things on my current magazine that may very well translate to success, so I guess I'm taking "baby steps," as it were. We shall see...

So, no quitting of journalism for me.

That is all.