Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hmmm...well...what's new? How 'bout blogging Laz-style this time, with some updates...

--Baby's growing, as far as we can tell, and doing great, again, as far as we can tell. There have been pics, yes, but mostly of people holding him. He's not doing much that's "picture worthy" at the moment. Though many of the faces he makes are priceless. He's also begun to smile, but it's involuntary, I believe...he usually does it just before going to bed. But it's beautiful. I can't wait until he smiles voluntarily. He is definitely a strong little guy though, and he remains a relatively quiet guy, for what it's worth. He turns one month old tomorrow, and Thursday we go to the pediatrician for the one-month checkup. Our NEW pediatrician...we switched from the one we didn't like.

--Other than that, we got some bad news a couple weeks ago, that I want to share. I know many of you probably won't be thrilled to be learning about this this way, but it's easiest for me this way, so deal. :) My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Thankfully, it's very, very early, according to the doctor, and he has a very low level right now. My mom and dad have another doc appt. on the 12th, because my dad wants my mom to know exactly what's going on from the doc in person (she was out of town when he was given the news last time). Most likely, he'll go under the knife and get it removed, at this stage. Anyway, I hope this isn't a complete shock to some of the people (relatives) reading this, but it's been long enough, and it's no secret by now. So, yeah, hey, don't shy away from talking to him about it...he's OK with talking about it and all. He's not really bummed out, but obviously, it's a concern that needs to be taken care of, and he knows that.

--So, anyway, overall, we've been just crazy busy, with the holiday and everything going on. If you haven't met A.J. and want to, the house is open, just give us a call and some heads up leeway, and it's no problem. That, however, is all I got for now!